Title I is a federal program created to reduce the cost of preschool for students. If selected, applicants would receive preschool education either free or for a lower rate. We are currently accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year.
Title I preschool is an educational program for students located in five (5) of our elementary schools: Brooklyn STEM Academy, Charles L. Smith Fine Arts Academy, Paragon Elementary, Poston Road Elementary and South Elementary School of Communications.
To apply for enrollment in the Title I preschool program, please see the following federal guidelines below:
- Child is 4 years on or by August 1, 2020.
- Child resides within the boundaries of one of the Title I schools listed above.
- If selected, student will be assigned to the school closest to their home address.
- Parents provide transportation to and from school.
Selection Guidelines/ Deadline
- Selection is based on academic need. (Assessment is given during the selection process that includes criteria such as teacher observations, family income, parent interviews and developmentally appropriate measures of student development.)
- Unfortunately, submitting an application does not guarantee enrollment.
- Application deadline is July 1, 2020.
- Student assessments will be scheduled in June. Families will be notified about acceptance by July 1, 2020.
To apply, please click below: