Welcome to the MSD of Martinsville!
STEM! Arts! Athletics! We are an award-winning pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade school district dedicated to educational excellence and empowering future leaders to make positive contributions to our world.
7 Elementary Schools
(K- 4th grade)
Facebook/ Centerton Elementary
Facebook/ Poston Road Elementary
Facebook/ Smith Fine Arts Academy
Facebook/ Paragon Elementary
Youtube South Youtube
Facebook/ South Elementary School of Communications
Ron K. Bell Intermediate Academy
Facebook/ Bell Intermediate Academy
John R. Wooden Middle School
Facebook/ John R Wooden Middle School
Martinsville High School
Facebook/ Martinsville High School
Hammons Alternative School
Title 1 Preschool
Special Education PreSchool
STEM Sprouts Academy Pre-Kindergarten
Facebook/ Brooklyn Pre-Kindergarten
We continue to evolve and expand our academic programs to meet the changing needs of ALL our students and to prepare them for 21st-century professions. We invite you to view some of our recent achievements!
- 1 to 1 District-Meaning one iPad or Chromebook for each student
- I-STEM/Project Lead the Way K-12
- 1 of only 9 schools in Indiana to offer Cybersecurity Class @ MHS
- 1st State Accredited STEM School in southern Indiana
- Manufacturing classes @ MHS
- Rolled out the agriculture program at Green Township Elementary and the communications program at South Elementary.
- Introduced the Smith Fine Arts Academy (1 of only a few schools in the state to offer the arts + curriculum to meet Department of Education standards.)
- Implemented Project Based Learning Curriculum at Paragon Elementary.
- Initiated eLearning Days into our school schedule
- 1st District in Indiana to receive a Dual Language Grant from Indiana Dept of Education. Funds started the Poston Road Spanish-Immersion school.
- GenEd 30 Curriculum-Students may earn up to 30 credits toward any IN college or university @MHS
- Expanded College Advanced Placement (AP) Classes @ MHS
- Online Classes Offered to @ MHS, Examples, Japanese / American Sign Language
- Google for Education School
- Google Reference School- Google highlights our student’s projects. (1 of only 5 schools in Indiana selected as of 2017-2018 school year)
- Senior Success Center/ Career Coach @ MHS
- Clubs offered K-12, including Chess and Robotics
- Music/Art K-8 and Music/Art Electives 9-12
- New Makerspace / Renovated Science Wings @ MHS and Wooden Middle
- Makerspace at Brooklyn STEM Academy
- Career Classes starting in 8th Grade
- Internship Opportunities to expose students to diverse career options @ MHS
- 3 Full-time Resource (Police) Officers for our district
- Elementary counselors @ Poston Road Elementary, South Elementary, and Smith Fine Arts Academy
- Social worker @ Bell Intermediate Academy and Wooden Middle
- Artesian Business PRIDE™ Program @ MHS and Artesian Business PRIDE™ Business Partnership with Morgan County businesses
- Artie Intel @ MHS- Students become HP certified and diagnose/fix student computers
- 2017-2018 MHS Sportsmanship Recipient from the Indiana High School Athletic Association
- New check-in System for school visitors
- Dynamic renovations: gymnasiums at Martinsville High School and John R. Wooden Middle School, track and pool at MHS, exterior at MHS, entryways to all 10 schools, HVAC at Poston Road and Martinsville High School.
- We have accumulated over 20 Athletic State Championships, 20 Decathlon State Championships, and over 42 Broadcasting Awards @ MHS
- We love our teachers and staff! Last year, through a partnership with Activate Healthcare, we opened a medical clinic near Wooden Middle for our MSD team. We also offer a Wellness Gym – a free workout space for all employees (and retirees), discounted daycare through Artesians Childcare, a two-year mentoring program for new teachers, and recently changed our dress code to include sneakers. We encourage our teachers and staff to wear sneakers for comfort and health benefits. Questions, please visit our Staff page.
- For our distinguished group of retired teachers and staff of the MSD of Martinsville, we offer a free Wellness Gym and our Gold Retirement Card which allows complimentary admittance to any MSD of Martinsville event. Question about the Wellness Gym, please visit our Staff page.
- To our valued community, we offer our Artesian Gold Card to all persons 62 and over who live in the MSD of Martinsville. We care about all our Artesians and invite our community to request the Gold Card. The card gives complimentary admittance to any school-sponsored, home event at Bell, Wooden, and Martinsville High School including athletics, music, choir, and plays. To learn more about our Artesian Gold Card, please visit our community page.
To download a PDF of our Artie Achievements, please CLICK HERE!
Our district continues to AMP up our educational experience …and fun…to meet the changing needs of our students! To enroll at the MSD of Martinsville, please CLICK HERE.