We are the Artesians! Our school district is located in central Indiana, 30 miles south of our state capital, Indianapolis. We serve close to 5,000 students from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. We are a district of opportunity for all students. By engaging student learning through technology, creativity and practical experience, we are preparing our students for 21st-century professions.
Our district is driven by state educational standards and distinct,
immersive programming for all ages.
We have 7 elementary schools offering specialized curriculum:
- Brooklyn STEM Academy (state accredited)
- Centerton (rated 4 stars by IN Dept of Ed)
- Poston Road (Spanish-Immersion school)
- Smith Fine Arts Academy (arts enriched curriculum)
- Green Township (agriculture enriched curriculum)
- Paragon (project-based learning)
- South School of Communications (communications enriched curriculum)
Students will continue their academic discovery in our intermediate
and middle schools:
- Bell Intermediate Academy (5th & 6th grade)
- John R. Wooden Middle School (7th & 8th grade)
Martinsville High School holds a letter grade of ‘A’ from the IN
Dept of Education for 2017-2018, a graduation rate of 92% and has
been an accredited school for over 100 years. Martinsville High
School empowers students in grades 9th – 12th for scholastic,
career and leadership success.